Higher Resolution

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Jul 30 01:34:36 EDT 2003

Yes, I did at the time.  Based on some of the docs I looked at, I
could specify some other values in the range of 1 through about 9 or
so and those got me at the most 30 rows by 80 cols.  It was documented
to be 60 by 80 and it showed that in some of the boot status messages
but reality only got me 30 by 80.  It sure didn't seem worth the
effort.  I don't know if I am missing something else or if my video
just can't do it.  I would really like the wider screen plus more than
30 lines on screen.