text/html email question

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 29 09:33:33 EDT 2003

On 07/28/03  4:38 PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I know that this is a sensitive issue with many here, and I ask that
> we not start a debate over it, and not question each other's choice to
> use it or not to use it.
>
> I am using mutt, and I get some text/html messages like it or not, which
> I would like to be able to read.
> Is there anything that I can put into .mailcap and/or .mime.types to
> cause lynx the cat to be launched whenever I hit enter on a text/html
> attachment in the list of attachments?
> Thanks.

While someone has told you how to open the html messages manually, with
mutt you can have html messages opened by default if there is no better
alternative. You will need to add the following lines to your .muttrc.

alternative_order text/plain text/html
auto_view text/html

Isn't mutt great!
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.