text/html email question

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jul 28 20:56:37 EDT 2003

I have the following line added to my .mailcap file.  I did not add
anything else to the .mime.types file.

text/html; lynx -force_html %s

Can't remember off the top of my head where I found this but it works
for me.  I simply hit the letter v while in one of those evil messages
and I see a single item that is text/html.  I can simply hit the enter
key and most of the time I can read with lynx, no problem.  I would
say that about 97% of that shitty spam comes in this format and I just
blow it by.  But Audible.com insists on using this method so I can use
it on their messages when I'm interested.

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:38:33PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I know that this is a sensitive issue with many here, and I ask that
> we not start a debate over it, and not question each other's choice to
> use it or not to use it.
>
> I am using mutt, and I get some text/html messages like it or not, which
> I would like to be able to read.
> Is there anything that I can put into .mailcap and/or .mime.types to
> cause lynx the cat to be launched whenever I hit enter on a text/html
> attachment in the list of attachments?
> Thanks.
>
> Greg

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html