speakup and bns

Michael Damien Curran mick at jantrid.net
Sun Jul 27 00:12:29 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could  point me in the right direction of how I
may be able to hack the speakup bns driver a little so that it can work at a
higher baud rate, if this is at all possible. The only reason i ask is
because I have a Braille Lite 2000 and this device emulates a bns, but it
can support baud rates up to 38400, and I just thought that if we could be
talking to it at 38400 it may not  be as laggy as it tends to be.

I'd be also interested in some how changing the default reset values for the
bns as well, because I set my bns to speak quite fast, but every time I boot
linux it jumps right down to about 1 and the frequency goes sky-high.

Any help would be apreciated
Mick

--
---