current status of software speech with speakup

Thomas D. Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 21 08:09:05 EDT 2003

Hi, Hugh.
To get started using yasr with software speech all you need do is go to:
http://yasr.sourceforge.net
Download the yasr 0.6.4 source, and then grab flite and eflite source which
there are links to.
  You would build flite, and then compile eflite using the 16k voices not
the 8k voices, and then set the synth port in yasr.conf, and you have
speech.