Higher Resolution

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Jul 17 11:14:56 EDT 2003

Hey, I want to take advantage of the higher resolution possible with
the kernel.  But I can't seem to get it to work.  The relivant compile
options for the kernel are:
# Console drivers
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT=y
# CONFIG_MDA_CONSOLE is not set

#
# Frame-buffer support
#
# CONFIG_FB is not set

And my lilo.conf includes the following options:
# VESA framebuffer console @ 1024x768x32k
vga=790

I then boot like I normally do by just hitting enter at the lilo
prompt for my default kernel.  Do I need to do anything else? Do I
have to do any terminal configs or settings?  I thought the frame
buffer option above had to do with graphics only.

Any other ideas out there?
--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html