Installing from the Woody Disks -- How?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jul 16 20:16:13 EDT 2003

I skipped the driver disks--at least for now. I don't know that I have
much memory on this box, so I wanted to get the HD partitioned and get a
swpa partition available. It chose 64 Mb for swap, so I guess I have 32
Mb of RAM as I suspected.

It's now checking for bad blocks on /usr.

I think my main goal with these disks is to get to a basic, working
system with apt. I think I can take it from there pretty well.

Thanks for the advice about minimizing dependence on these floppies. I
appreciate that.