Installing from the Woody Disks -- How?

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Wed Jul 16 19:44:43 EDT 2003

I tried the syslinux.cfg bit too, with no success.

You're going to run into errors here and there in the installation,
because those woody disks are *ooooold*, and the utils have been updated
since then.

I've done this four or five times now, but none in the last month.  So
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but does she really need those driver
disks?  I vaguely remember thinking that there was a menu option that
would let one get away without them, but I don't remember if I ever tried
it.

Another thing: when doing the module and driver selections, do only what
you *absolutely* need.  As you'll soon see, that part of the installation
program is not fun with which to work, and it's easier to configure needed
modules, etc., after the fact.

Luke