Installing from the Woody Disks -- How?

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Wed Jul 16 19:16:52 EDT 2003

Janina

When I asked these questions, you told me several times to RTFM.  I'll see
if I can avoid telling you that, but it is implied...:)

rescue.bin
root.bin
drv1.bin
drv5.bin

I would suggest the ext3 rescue.bin.

After rescue.bin boots (takes about two seconds from end of POST), enter:

linux speakup_synth=xxxxxx

Press enter, wait until your disk stops moving (about two minutes), insert
the next disk, and press enter again.
When that disk finishes loading (you should be speaking by now), you'll
get a lot of missing module warnings, and eventually the setup program
will start.

Luke