Installing from the Woody Disks -- How?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jul 16 17:52:21 EDT 2003

I have an old machine I want to use as a terminal, mostly. It doesn't
have much RAM or HD, so Debian seems to make the most sense with its
minimal system requirements.

So, I have logged onto the speakup site where I find disks for Woody and
for Potato. Since I want to be up to date, I'm trying to use the Woody
floppy disk images--but I'm not clear on how I'm supposed to launch the
installation and supply the synthesizer keyword for my internal
Doubletalk.

What I see there is several versions of a root.bin floppy, and five drv
diskettes. Also, there's a rescue image. What's the sequence?

Thanks in advance.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development