Recognizing a hard drive

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Tue Jul 15 11:25:33 EDT 2003

You have it mostly right. The only correction I'd make is that the extended partition is not listed as a /dev/hda<x>. Rather, /dev/hda5 is just your first logical drive. There wouldn't really be any reason to list the extended partition as a number anyway since you can't do anything with it except use it to get around the 4 partition limit.

--
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net