RedHat 9 and Speakup, almost...

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Jul 9 14:07:37 EDT 2003

Oh Darrell, to make the waters even muddier, I think you may have run
into the same big bug that Larry Baggot and I ran into with Accent
PC's.  First off, Are you definitely using the Accent internal PC
card?  If so, I'll need to talk to you on the land line soon; it is
hard to briefly summarize with e-mail.  I have gotten around it but
may need to look over some scripts first.  If it is an external model
(SA), then you shouldn't be having any real trouble.  At the verry
least, try hitting the insert-equals key twice to toggle speech off
and back on again to see if you hear anything at all.  If this works,
you should hear speech but control will be a real problem.  That's
where I found a sort-of work-around to reinitialize the synth and have
proper speakup behavior.  Kirk knows about this bug but hasn't been
able to figure it out as far as I know.

Let me know what you find out and I'll try and get a hold of you to
help out.