ZipSlack with SpeakUp

Stoppard stoppard at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 9 11:52:29 EDT 2003

Hi all,
Ok i think i'v just about got it.

Down load zip slack.
go to the kernal/speak up and copy the speak up dot i
(i have an ide hard drive).
Copy this file into the /kernal directory?  Is that right? Do i need to
delete the original kernal?
Edit the linux.bat file so that it will work with my hardware synth.
Do i need to down load a floppy disk boot image so that it will boot into
dos with the auto exec.bat and config.sys are correctly configured?  I seem
to remember something about emm386 and something else, , maybe loading dos
into upper memory both have to be present or both have to be not present?

Hope that made sense.
Nigel