bulding Pine in debian: was: Re: Any experience w/ Debian Woody Speakup Packages?

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sun Jul 6 12:00:10 EDT 2003

On 07/06/03 10:16 AM -0500, Cheryl Homiak wrote:
> Thomas, please, please, if you know how i can build Pine in debian, share your
> information with me. I have tried and failed several times; have asked on debian
> lists and been told about using apt-src but that hasn't given me anything in a
> long time and even when it did didn't get me a current version of pine. I know
> this is wildly off-topic, so if you have the time and patience to  explain, you
> could email me privately.

I just used "apt-get --compile source pine" and then used '"dpkg -i" to
install the resulting packages.

> what I really should do is just change to mutt, but though I've made several
> starts at that, I'm waiting until I get a round tuit to plunge in and really
> learn it. those round tuits are really scare these days at my house!!!

Mutt is really nice once you get it set up just the way you like it. I
could send a copy of my .muttrc if you like which makes the mutt index
more speech friendly among many other things.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.