RedHat 9 and Speakup, almost...

lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net lorenzo at princenet.sytes.net
Sun Jul 6 11:19:27 EDT 2003

Janina Sajka staggered into view and mumbled:
> I have not succeeded placing these calls in my /etc/rc.local.

Two things to consider about /etc/rc.local and launching speakup that may have caused your problem.
2.  As far as I know, when /etc/rc.local is run the $PATH is not yet set to point to /sbin.  When entering the modprobe
command into /etc/rc.local, you will need to actually enter /sbin/modprobe.
2.  /etc/rc.local doesn't take any parameters, so a specific synth hsd to be presen't on the modprobe line for Speakup.

Hope this helps.

					Lorenzo
--
"World domination.  Fast"