ZipSpeak newbie

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sat Jul 5 16:34:54 EDT 2003

Well, I don't remember all of them. I remember one of the problems was
that /etc/fstab had cr/lf terminated line endings, which caused the
init scripts to complain about it. There were some others, and Saqib,
the zipspeak maintainer had been notified about them as they were
discovered. I mainly encountered them when I was helping Ann Tate with
zipspeak. If she is still on this list, maybe her memory on those bugs
will be better then mine.

I think your second question was if you can take zipslack, and drop
the zipspeak kernel into it. I wouldn't advise that, since the
zipspeak kernel is older then any of the recent zipslack kernels, and
I also seem to recall that there were some problems with the way it
was configured as well.
Use my first advice (I.E., get zipslack, and drop either the speakup.i
or speakup.s kernel into it depending on your hardware).

Greg