Actiontech router?

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Sat Jul 5 12:50:16 EDT 2003

Luke Davis in
<Pine.BSF.4.56.0307051143350.14454 at server1.shellworld.net>:

>Um, I know there are Sisco and some other huge, university class routers,
>which may cost thousands of dollars, but for the majority of cases which
>this software is designed to cover, the corresponding router would cost
>from one hundred, to maybe four hundred, dollars, if that.

Interestingly Smoothwall does more than the Cisco routers do anyway -
at least the standard models.  Furthermore it is very modular.  Other
systems include E-smith <www.e-smith.org>, and ClarkConnect
<www.clarkconnect.org>

Regarding links (the chain), I fell into the speech trap, I don't tend
to use this because the way in which I use Linux through a terminal
means that it is slightly difficult to get anything out of it, as it
uses a more GUI based approach with tiling etc.  I have seen the JS
working with Links very simply, but doubt whether it would cope with
some of the more graphical JS elements so well, on the basis of what I
have seen it do so far (my own opinion).  If anyone can contradict
this with a site, please let me know and I will test it.

Andrew.
--
Andrew Hodgson, Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK.
Email: Andrew at hodgsonfamily.org