Speakup Modified Red Hat 9?

Darrell Shandrow nu7i at azboss.net
Thu Jul 3 01:07:01 EDT 2003

Hi Thomas,

Exactly what happened to cause RH to yank Speakup?  Though it is very nice
to hear that Gnopernicus will soon be sufficiently prime time to be included
with a RH distro, there's absolutely nothing like having access to the
command line.  I could upgrade my system to RH 9, but I guess I'd require
sighted help to do the actual install, or I'd have to use that text telnet
console I suppose.  Then, I'd need to apply the Kernel RPM that includes the
Speakup mods.  If RH 9 config changed things so I lost SSH access to the
box, well, oopse, now I'm required to have sighted assistance.  Any ideas as
to some safe work-arounds?

Thanks.

A+, CCNA, Network+!
All the best to coalition forces carrying out Operation Iraqi Freedom!