This DHCP is too dynamic

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jul 1 15:38:41 EDT 2003

Tommy Moore writes:
> From: Tommy Moore <tmoore at cmrc.org>
>
> Have her send you her /var/log/messages file.
> The most likely thing that's occuring is that the pppd keeps disconnecting nad reconnecting.

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't thing to grab the logs. I'll get them
the next time I work with her.

I should say that the adsl-setup script specifically asks whether you
want to maintain the connection or establish one on demand. We selected
the former, so I didn't assumed the script was as good as it's prompt.
Silly me to assume.

				Janina