unbootable HD, the solution

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Wed Jan 29 20:27:11 EST 2003

Ah, yes at that time drives were pretty expensive at least by today's
standards. I think they went for about $40 or $50, but don't quote me it
has been a while. I actually did swap it out with a friend so that
wasn't it. I've never seen that problem appear sense I must admitt, but
there was the time a floppy was giving my buddy's box a tough time and I
just ripped the cover off it and it ran for years.<grin> Was one of
those things again where it just didn't make sense, but hell it worked
just fine.