unbootable HD, the solution

Adam Myrow amyrow at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Jan 28 19:21:04 EST 2003

I had a similar problem with my floppy drive on my computer which I
currently own.  It could read just fine, but any attempt to write to disks
was disastrous.  It couldn't format disks at all.  I replaced the floppy
drive and no more trouble.  I sort of suspect the original floppy drive
was defective from the factory, but it took me awhile to finally replace
it.  Did you ever try replacing the drive on that old computer?  I don't
know how much floppy drives cost back in those days, but you can get them
for a song now.