some clarification on linux graphical interfaces

Alexandre Alves Tôco alexandretoco at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 29 06:46:53 EST 2003

    Hi again! I am trying to understand how the things work in linux. But I just have experience in Windows.
When a program run in Windows it makes use of functions available in windows's dlls. How it work in linux? I know that linux has many graphicla interfaces. So, when some one intend to use a application with a graphicla interface should he certify him self that the application he planes to use was written to a interface he has like KDE or gnome?
    Thanks, Alexandre.