more mutt stuff

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jan 2 16:04:05 EST 2003

Well, you're at the limit of my knowledge here. My defaults are
not as good as I'd like them about this. I've decided to just live with
things as they are for now, rather than trying to tweak further.

When I start a new message, or reply/forward, my From line terminates as
janina@> which is, of course, not quite right. I simply press end then
left arrow and type in the domain I want to use, which is different
depending on the circumstance, somewht along the lines of what you're
saaying.

By the way, there is one thing I miss from Pine that I still haven't
quite gotten the same performance with Mutt on yet. That's searching.
Pine let's you do more elaborate searches through mailboxes. Pine lets
you search on particular header fields, by date, by number, by messaage
contents. And, it let's you search on the results to further narrow the
selected message set. I don't see anything in Mutt that even approaches
this functionality.

--

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development