Emacspeak

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jan 1 12:53:50 EST 2003

Scott Howell writes:

> Just had a quick question. I know there is a patch for Speakup that will
> allow Speakup and Emacspeak to get along, but what I am wondering is if
> you use Flight or whatever software speech engine for Emacspeak, do you
> still need to patch Speakup?

No, you would not. The patch is about sharing a speech device between
Speakup and Emacspeak. If you use a different device, then there is no
conflict, and nothing to resolve.

In fact, this is arguably the optimal way to get familiar with
Emacspeak.. Simply turn Speakup off and on as much aas you need to in
order to understand what'shappening in emacs. Emacspeak is not
particularly forgiving and can be very frustrating all by itself.