installing red-hat 8.0 with speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Feb 28 20:58:08 EST 2003

Hi, Mickaël:

Welcome to the Speakup list.

Any standard Red Hat 8.0 distribution will give you everything you need
to install Red Hat Linux using Speakup and your Apollo. Please follow
the installation advice in the Installation HOWTO, which it seems you've
already found. Even though the HOWTO refers to Red Hat 7.3, almost
everything is the same for 8.0. The only real difference is that you can
now use any Red Hat media, whether you buy CD ROMs at a store, or
download them from a Red Hat mirror site. Before, you had to download
from Canada. That's no longer necessary.

The floppy diskette images you need to boot the installation are on the
first CD ROM, just as the HOWTO explains. And, you will use rawrite to
create the floppy diskette, just as the HOWTO explains.

Good luck, and write back about your experience. And, of course, don't
hesitate to ask for help.