red hat 8.0 and boot file

Danny Crone dannyboy at pobox.com
Sun Feb 23 00:08:51 EST 2003

Hello everyone.  I sent a message a couple weeks ago, and it must have
gotten misplaced.  So I am posting this question again.
I have red hat 7.2 with speak up on my system.  I want to completely
replace this with red hat 8.0, and I have already put this on to
cd's.  Currently the system has one partition.  But I want to have a system
partition and a data partition so that the next time I upgrade it will be
easier.  Before everything is erased, I want to save the file that makes
the synthesizer speak right from the beginning.  How can I do that?