patching synthesizer to sound card

Scott Howell showell at lrxms.net
Mon Feb 17 17:50:35 EST 2003

Actually I've spent a great deal of time with this problem and have yet
to find a solution. Regardless of what I've done in terms of volume or
input on a mixing board, I've not found anything that worked well. It
was as Janina said about pops and distortion to even virtually no
volume. I've offten thought maybe it had to do with the impedence of the
Doubletalks, but not to sure. They generally are configured in such a
way to work with headphones and small speakers and there even with
speakers you have to be careful. I can't recall what the impedence is on
a walkman type headphone, but I imagine its nowhere what most inputs are
on sound cards nor mixing boards.
I also believe that if its impedence, getting a device to change this
would be expensive. I remember the transformers for microphones when I
was playing in a band to go from low to high impedence were not cheap.