Burning ISO images on to a CDrom

Ernst-Dieter Wedekind edwedekind at t-online.de
Mon Feb 17 05:37:15 EST 2003

Hi listers, I'd like to thank all of You who helped me on this topic. It all
works now. The CDroms are ready and they work all right. Janina, I read this
install guide, but I've been using suse linux up to now, and they use
reiserfs as the recommended file system and it seems the kernel on boot.img
can't use that. But thank You anyway for the good advice You gave me.
But now I've got another problem concerning apollo II that was mentioned on
this list just a few days ago!
I've also got fragmented speech with appollo II. It seems as if there were
gaps in the words. This makes speech almost intolerable. I got this an every
occasion: Suse, (I built a new kernel under Suse), slackware and RedHat. I
adjusted jiffy_delta to 40 and then to 50, and the gaps were almost gone.
Not entirely! But I could live with it if it remained that way.
Is there someone on this list who could explain to me all these extra
parameters for Appollo II like jiffy_delta delim_ something and all? I
couldn't find it in any of the documentation to speakup. Maybe I could then
fix the problem with the gaps in the words alltogether? Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Ernst