patching synthesizer to sound card

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Feb 16 18:08:38 EST 2003

Hi, Chuck:

I haven't tried patching back to the sound card, but I have patched into
a mixer. I hated it, and I gave up on it. There was a nasty pop every
time the Doubletalk speech started up, and every time it stopped. Also,
the signal was quite noisy. These are not things we hear from the
speaker that ships with the Doubletalk internal, or what we hear from
the external units themselves. But, it seems Doubletalk doesn't do well
with an upgraded sound system as output. Tis a shame, and I hope someone
has some good ideas about it.