patching synthesizer to sound card

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at novocon.net
Fri Feb 14 21:32:20 EST 2003

Thanks for the ideas. I have a stereo cable, but slipping it half
way in does not seem to help. Maybe if I try that with a mono
cable it might get me some mileage, but actually Kirk's
suggestion sounds like the safest path. I don't want to use the
mike input since I need it for other things and it would mean
cable switching a lot.

There is actually an advantage to having a low quality speaker on
a synthesized voice. Putting synthesizer output into a quality
amplifier and speaker system reveals all the warts and warbles
and hisses and squeaks, most of which do not survive a low
quality built in speaker. But the convenience of having a single
sound source to put into a headphone, or having a single volume
control for everything, seems attractive to me.

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (95% of Full)
So visit me sometime at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh