recording in Windows

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 10 20:59:24 EST 2003

Hi
This has nothing to do with Linux at all but it has to do with recording so
I am going to post it here in the hope it will be useful.
I want to record the sound from my computer in to 44.1k stereo. I have this
program called n-track recorder and a pentium 4 1.7 ghz processor 256M ram
and a 40 gig hd. I am running windows xp professional and a Soundblaster
live value. I have a cable that is a stereo connecter. I do not know the
technical term for it but it has a headphone connection on both ends.
I know for a fact that it is a stereo cord and I want to record the sounds
from my computer in to a high quality wave file. I have an application that
allows you to stream high quality music. I want to capture that stream and
put it in to an mp3.
I can figure out the software part but it is the hooking it up that has me
stumped. Can someone explain the other jacks on the sound card?
from the side with the port  is 1 channel for a four speaker set up, the
normal channel for a normal standard two speaker setup, the microphone..
and then there are hmm two jacks but what are they for?
I as you can tell have no experience with any of this and appreciate any help.
sincerely,
Patrick

-----
Patrick Turnage
E-mail: pturnage at tampabay.rr.com
AOL Instant Messenger: kg4dqk
Home Page:
http://www.access-connect.com
Connecting the world to access technology information.
For all mainstream and adaptive hardware and software.