where to get Gnome and Gnopernicus

Thomas Ward slingshooter at valkyrie.net
Mon Feb 10 20:41:19 EST 2003

Hello, Dannie. My advice is hold off on trying to get Gnome 2.2 compiled
and Gnopernicus. It isounds as if you are vary new to Linux, and trying to
compile, install, and use vary unstable and developmental  code is not
what you
really want to do.
I am vary familiar with programming,  compiling programs, and even I get
vary frustrated with building the latest Gnome stuff from cvs.
So with that in mind it will best if you wait for an official release
which will eventually come prepackaged with your favorite Linux of choice,
and you won't have to go the the extreme headache of dealing with the
developer releases.
However, if you still want to venture the developer releases I have a
simple uncompleted howto on where to get the developer releases, how to
get what you need out of cvs, build it, and install it.

PS
Please, fix your email to send plane text only. Your message was nearly
unreadable through all the garbage html tags and mim encoding, and
whatever else trashy Windows mailer programs put in.

Hth.