Off topic -- Mobile accessibility V Talx

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Dec 30 12:05:37 EST 2003

Correction:

I believe most of the phone networks in the US are CDMA and not TDMA.  I
think this supposed Audiovox 9900 or Toshieba VM4050 is a CDMA type phone;
Sprint PCS is CDMA based.

I'm not quite sure what to think about GSM's future.  A couple people at
Verizon were telling me that "WCDMA" was due to roll out and it is based on
current CDMA technology and is expected to take over GSM networks someday.
I don't know if it is wishful thinking on the part of Verizon or if it is
for real.