Off topic -- Mobile accessibility V Talx

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Dec 30 11:50:04 EST 2003

The accessable phones are gsm compatable.  GSM is what europe and asia use
where as most of the phone networks such as verison and sprint are tdma?
atnt and TMobile support gsm networks and others will have to follow.  The
result is for now less coverage with gsm then we already have with the crapy
coverage of other networks.  I heard that gsm across the U.S. is about 75
percent don't know if that's of the major markets or of the whole country.
Sean