compiling flite

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Dec 29 01:32:02 EST 2003

slackware mailed out many bad cd's for 9.1.  I have a subscription to
slackware and when I opened my 9.1 package up I found one of the CD's in
its package but off of its spindle.  Naturally, that turned out to be disk
2 of the set and installation of several packages on that CD failed.  It
probably is the case this also happened to others having difficulty
compiling flite since packages used by flite to compile as well as
speech-tools are on disk 2.  Any company that fails to wrap jewel cases
with taped on bubble wrap deserves what it gets in this instance though
and I wrote support at slackware.com and told them.  I was listening to the
installation on disk 2 and had things set to install everything and heard
the errors as they happened so that's how I know what went on.