tape drives

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Dec 26 06:24:56 EST 2003

The ftape software comes in two different flavors; stable and unstable.
You are probably going to have to download the latest unstable version and
then rebuild your kernel with ftape 2.x support disabled and enable the
ftape 4.x unstable support to get this working.  I know definitely this is
something I'll have to do since I have a trakker tape drive hanging off
the parallel port.  For support with ftape, ftape at vger.kernel.org is the
main mailing list and vger.kernel.org is either a listserv or majordomo
server, I haven't used it for so long I forgot.