sound card questions.

cris filastin48 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:43:26 EST 2003

Hi folks, I installed fedora and for a strange reason it could not detect my sound card.  I am running compac pent iii 450 mhz.  I believe that the sound card is part of the mother board.  I have not seen any pci cards when I opened the machine.  When I used microsoft with wineyes, the sound was working normally.  Now, when I do sndconfig, I get the error message no pnp or pci sound cards are found.  What is the remedy if there is one?  Do I need to install another sound card?
Cheers,
Cris