IPTables Strangeness

Ryan Mann rmann at rmisp.net
Thu Dec 11 19:45:25 EST 2003

I think you forgot to specify TCP as the protocol.  Instead of
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 --dport 23 -j REDIRECT --to-port 80,
try
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p TCP --dport 23 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 80.
That would be all on one line ofcourse.

Why do people dress up for Christmas parties?  God doesn't care about the
way you look.  You dress up for work, but atleast you get payed to do
that.