bastille-linux

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Dec 9 10:28:18 EST 2003

Usable, though the cursor doesn't retain focus properly during
installation.

Beware, however. Bastille is strong stuff and you may get results you
didn't expect.

The best use of Bastille, imho, is as a learning tool. It's great at
that. Just don't let it take over your system. Do each task yourself,
instead of letting its scripts do the work. I have found that I was
unable to undo, for example, after a fresh application of Bastille.

Jude DaShiell writes:
> From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net>
>
> Has anyone run bastille linux lately?  I installed the Perl-curses from
> redhat 7.x archives and installed Bastille-curses and the latest bastille
> version and when I ran it like bastille -c, the program tried to run then
> errored out because my DISPLAY variable wasn't set.  Where I found
> bastille-linux was http://bastille-linux.sourceforge.net.  Is this package
> even useable in a text screen reader environment in Linux?

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group