ip_nat_irc

Shaun Oliver shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
Tue Dec 9 06:24:59 EST 2003

hi all, I'm having some problems with dcc direct client conection.
I have a box running smoothwall and the ip_nat_irc module is loaded.
my problem is,
I'm getting conflicting reports on how I should do things.

one person's telling me to set up a forward rule, for each of my irc
clients, and another is telling me to leave well enough alone.
the thing is, I can't initiate a file transfer to anybody on one irc
network yet on the smoothwall irc network where I go to ask most of my
smoothwall questions, I have no problems initiating file transfers
there.
I need to inlist the aid of an iptables guru or someone that knows more
about nat than I do.
thanks in advance.

--
Shaun Oliver

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person."
email: shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au
WEB: http://blindman.homelinux.org/
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman