Testing Webmail

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Tue Dec 9 02:01:27 EST 2003

Hi,

     Try the latest version of Speakup.  I'm using the one from 11/27.
Richard Wells was having the same problem, and updating fixed it for him.
About the lockup problem when removing the modules, The only difference I
can see from the console, is that Speakup is actually talking when the
modules are being removed.  You could kill Speakup in one of the two
usual ways.  Or, you could echo the word "none" to
/proc/speakup/synth_name.  Then you could remove the modules safely, I
think.
          HTH.
--

Bill in Denver