fedora

Lorenzo Prince lorenzo at prince.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 3 00:16:37 EST 2003

Alex Snow staggered into view and mumbled:
> 1. where is the default kernel configuration located? I'd like to
> rebuild my kernel with support for my synth built in but I don't want to
> do a make config or menuconfig.

Your kernel config is located in /boot/config-<kernel-version>.  Just copy it to the top level of your source tree and
save it appropriately, making any necessary modifications before make bzImage and make modules.

> 2.  How can I rerun setup to install more package groups? I didn't
> install gnome at install time but I want to now.

You don't have to rerun setup.  Just type

yum install gnome

It should already be configured to install from the Fedora repository, so you don't have to do any special tweaking in
order to get Gnome installed.  The command above will install Gnome and all its dependencies for you with no effort on
your part.

PRINCE