text to html

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Tue Aug 26 00:41:01 EDT 2003

Hello again. You ask me not to be self centered, and not more than a
breath before that you state that you are not making a personal attack.
When I attempted to offer help, I was not being or trying to be self
centered or in any other way inconsiderate of any other disabilities. I
would of hoped that being disabled yourself, or dealing with people who
are disabled...you would understand that no one in that position would
ignore a disability. At least, I know I do not do so on purpose. You
also write the following

"...may I say that I do not regard it appropriate to recommend any old
approach neither on this list nor anywhere else..."

Along with this

"...By the way, the <pre> tag is not outdated. It has a purpose and
should be used for that purpose and not suborned..."

For someone who recommends everybody to a document, the w3c, I would
urge you to consider your own writings more carefully and in short make
up your mind. However, I would be more than happy to welcome any
discussion about any disabilities that I am discriminating against by
recommending the use of the PRE tag, I would ask you to be precise and
to have evidence to back up your emotionally charged statements and
proclamations.

You also state in your email

"...I would ask you, as I ask myself and all others, to apply a little
judgement to the advice offered here..."

Which contradicts the following from your previous emails

"...So, Luke, you're admitting that you're part of the problem on the
web, and not part of the solution?" Which sounds judgemental to me.

"Not very good advice, Sina.

let's not go around inventing this stuff out of ignorance..." Which
sounds insulting to me.

And in reference to a question you respond with
"...It rather raises the serious question of whether you mean to walk
the walk, or just talk the talk..." Which sounds confrontational and
distinctively not helpful.

I usually do not disagree with people on lists unless if it is over
technical points, and that mostly on programming lists where such
debates are welcome; however, I believe your apparently emotional
approach to this problem and your brunt attitude towards someone who
asked a simple question and towards another who attempted to answer that
question are simply uncalled for. I ask to be corrected, so I leave it
up to you to correct me. I am considering hearing impaired, who can see
the monitar, or both hearing and visual, in which case I would recommend
tactyl access, and I have heard no trouble with a braille display and a
pre element tag. I can think of physical disabilities that manifest
themselves in mobility related issues; however, their vision seems to be
in tact in my examples and so again I state, I can't find a single
disability that the PRE tag discriminates against.

Please provide evidence for your claims so that I may be corrected, and
if I am corrected then I will thank you for teaching me something,
because as I stated before I am hear to learn; however, I am unclear as
to what your intentions are from the animosity in your emails.

Have a wonderful day or evening depending on your time zone.

Also to alex, I am sorry that my response to your question has caused
such turmoil, I would be glad to discuss with you on or offlist some
options you would have that do not include the PRE tag and that would
entail a permanent solution.

Take care,
Sina