text to html

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 20:00:02 EDT 2003

Woh now. I never said anything about my advice being absolute or for
that matter even correct. In the nature of this list, a friendly forum
of knowledgable contribution, I attempted to offer a possible solution
among many. I never once stated mine was right, nor did I state that my
advice should be taken as anything but a suggestion. I also warned
against the bad practice of the pre elements; however, I offered one
possible solution to the problem. I will not get into an argument with
someone I have every other reason to respect over an outdated html tag
that I care little about; however, I would state that the accessibility
issues with using this command are not as grave as you may think as I
can prove with Jaws or IBM Home Page Reader each of which support and
read text in pre element tags just fine. I also thought that people were
encouraged to contribute advice so that we all may learn, apparently I
was wrong. The point of this list seems to be to offer advice so that it
may be rudely and negligently pushed aside with little regard for the
intentions behind that advice. I apologize if you do not agree with my
advice; however, I believe you could of phrased your email in a more
respectful manner.

Also as to ignorance, I resent that accusation, simply because I always
stand to be corrected, as anyone should; however, the advice I gave has
worked with a number of different accessibility options. And as I
recommended it for a quick dirty fix, for example for a few days until
propper html may be written. I do not see the harm in the advice or the
necessity for your brrunt and uncalled for manner.

Again I apologize if I have afended or said anything inappropriate, but
I don't believe I or Luke, along with Alex deserves such treatment.

Take care,
Sina