Where would you like to go today?

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Sat Aug 23 13:30:52 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I, as an ordinary user of Linux, have to comment on this thread.  I am
sick and damned tired of deleting these virus messages from my inbox!
I'm tired to death of looking at:  my details, your details, your
application and thank you!  Yeh, "thank you" for  aggravation, for
inconvenience, for continued harrassment, and on and on.  Yes, if you
want somebody to back you up in a post to the media about this
horrendousness over the past week, I'd be happy to do so.

Somebody asked on one of the "blind" lists why we are satisfied with
inferior products and persist in being grateful for shoddiness in
development of adaptive equipment and software.  the questioner when
on to say that if the ordinary public would have this kind of stuff,
they wouldn't put up with it for an hour.  My response is *wrong*!
Mr. John Q. Public is willing to put up with a shoddy OS that has poor
memory usage, poor file utilities, poor security protection, and is
constantly being touted as the best thing since sliced bread!  Well,
if even I can get frustrated because I have to delete a third of my
email because it is full of viruses, then why isn't John Q. Public
upset?  Why?  Because John Q. Public is an ignoramus, a moron, a
creton.  So long as Microsoft does what they want it to do, they're
content.  They're like little children, they don't know any better.

Sure, I'll say whatever you like if it will encourage people to demand
decent servers and a decent OS.  But until then, I'm going to be a
Windows teacher because John Q. Public insists that that's what he
wants to learn.  He will pay to be taught to use an inferior system,
so why rock the boat, teach 'em what they want and put up with
deleting messages.

Not sure this piece makes a lot of sense, but hey, maybe some of it
does.

Ann P.

--
			Ann K. Parsons