Where would you like to go today?

Luke Davis ldavis at shellworld.net
Fri Aug 22 15:00:31 EDT 2003

In July, I actually had the odd experience, of having a life long Winblows
user, talking up the virtues of Linux GUI desktops, to me.  It was not
expected, but was certainly welcome, even though I could not respond in
kind, for obvious reasons, accept to point out the strengths of the
operating system in general.

 On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Janina Sajka wrote:

> Don't get confused by fuzzy thinking. This isn't end user systems I'm
> talking about. It's back room stuff aimed at heavy duty teckies.
>
> Oh, and don't think it's all command line. Remember, they CAN use GNOME
> and KDE and all the other X widget sets, unlike us.
>

> Shaun Oliver writes:
> > From: Shaun Oliver <shaun_oliver at optusnet.com.au>
> >
> > I still maintain that half the battle is convincing them that linux is a
> > viable alternative.
> > there's people out there that don't wanna learn a whole new terminology
> > for devices or drives etc.
> > unfortunately they want point click and I don't care how it gets done.
> > personally, I'd like the entire world's computing population to make the
> > switch but if that were to happen, you'd end up with a similar result.
> > sick and infected computers.
> > why.
> > because the coders of viri are targeting for mass disruption.
> > and let's face it, the majority of the world's pc users out there and
> > make no mistake they're nothing more some are a bit less but, they're
> > users.
> > dumb users that point shoot and hope for the best.
> > until we change that mind set we won't get anywhere.
> >
> > --
> > Shaun Oliver
[snipped]