Speakup 2.0 LiteTalk driver fixed

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Aug 18 13:50:23 EDT 2003

I've tried this command sequence several times in the past with
Speakout instead of ltlk since I'm using a Speakout and I could never
get it to work for me.  Is there anything else I should be looking
for?  Next time I'm on that machine where I have spkout configed as a
loaded module, I'll give it another try.  So far, I've never seen it
work for me unless I compile the spkout module statically.

On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 12:10:33PM -0500, Gene Collins wrote:
> Hi all.  The LiteTalk driver for the cvs Speakup 2.0 has been fixed and
> checked in.  As I said earlier, you should echo the synthesizer keyword
> to /proc/speakup/synth_name rather than trying to use modprobe.  Be sure
> to use setserial to release the port by setting the uart type to none
> first.  So initializing the LiteTalk would look something like this:
>
> setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
> echo ltlk >/proc/speakup/synth_name
>
> Of course if your synth is on a different port, then you should use
> setserial to free that port first, instead of /dev/ttyS0.  Enjoy.
>
> Gene

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html