Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Mon Aug 18 11:44:36 EDT 2003

Hi Tommy.  As of Friday aug. 15, the Litetalk / doubletalk-lt driver
seems to be broken.  I get a LiteTalk not identified error message.

By the way, the proper way to set up the synth after booting is:

setserial /dev/ttySx uart none
echo ltlk >/proc/speakup/synth_name

This allows the need to load the driver with modprobe.  This may have
been changed, but in the past, modprobe didn't load the modules
properly.  Kirk and I are looking into why the driver doesn't identify
the doubletalk-lt properly.  It was working and somehow got broke.

Gene