speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Aug 11 07:55:37 EDT 2003

Where do I begin? There's some online configuration ability such as
speech rate, pitch, punctuation levels; revampped key mapping feature;
cursor tracking is much better for editing (for some things it's
harder to track now but hopefully that will be fixed some day); and
the biggest thing of all, speakup is modular now - main speakup and
synth drivers can be loaded as modules and is compatible with the new
2.6 kernel.

I may have missed some things but the current CVS version is well
worth the effort.  I don't run the production 1.5 version on any of my
working machines now.

--
Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html