cvs speakup and curser tracking

Thomas Stivers stivers_t at tomass.dyndns.org
Sun Aug 3 16:23:58 EDT 2003

On 08/03/03 12:56 PM -0500, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> Yeah, I've noticed that too. It's also interesting that Janina says
> this also happens in Debian. So, there's got to be something turned on
> by default in those 2 distros, but turned off in slackware it seems
> like.

					 *'ruler'* *'ru'* *'noruler'* *'noru'*
'ruler' 'ru'		boolean	(default off)
			global
			{not in Vi}
			{not available when compiled without the
			|+cmdline_info| feature}
	Show the line and column number of the cursor position, separated by a
	comma.  When there is room, the relative position of the displayed
	text in the file is shown on the far right:
		Top	first line is visible
		Bot	last line is visible
		All	first and last line are visible
		45%	relative position in the file
	If 'rulerformat' is set, it will determine the contents of the ruler.
	Each window has its own ruler.  If a window has a status line, the
	ruler is shown there.  Otherwise it is shown in the last line of the
	screen.  If the statusline is given by 'statusline' (ie. not empty),
	this option takes precedence over 'ruler' and 'rulerformat'
	If the number of characters displayed is different from the number of
	bytes in the text (e.g., for a TAB or a multi-byte character), both
	the text column (byte number) and the screen column are shown,
	separated with a dash.
	For an empty line "0-1" is shown.
	For an empty buffer the line number will also be zero: "0,0-1".

	Straight out of the vim help file, in Debian this option is set
	in /etc/vim/vimrc, but this may be different in other distros.
	To find out what scripts vim sources use :scriptnames. Sorry to
	be such a vim zealot, but it seems to get a lot of bad press.
--
Unix is a user friendly operating system. It just picks its friends more
carefully than others.